Empyrean Economics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Empyrean Economics

Dungeon Fighter Online Marketplace

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rules______

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sie_Sayoka
Admin

Gold : 28
Appraisal Karma : 0

Rules______ Empty
PostSubject: Rules______   Rules______ EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:55 pm

What do you think the rules/punishments should be?

Offering in appraisal section.
Spamming multiple threads.
Flaming.
Negatively affecting others business. (ie. posting in their thread saying "overpriced" etc.)

One of the most controversial topics is that should we ban/punish people who scam or do not honor auctions? I know that a lot of people would like this however it may prove problematic as it is hard to moderate these sorts of things.

An alternative would be to implement the rep system so people naturally know if a person has bad rep they are a bad seller.
Back to top Go down
https://empyreaneconomics.forumotion.com
Rhaeven

Gold : 10
Appraisal Karma : 0

Rules______ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules______   Rules______ EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:48 am

Offering in appraisal section:
If appropriate appraisal is given and then offered to buy, no punishment
If inappropriate appraisal is given and then offered to buy (could be though of as scamming), temp suspension (maybe a day or two). repeat offenses = longer suspension
If it's a plain out offer... I have no freaking clue

Spamming multiple threads:
Warning first. If continued, threads are closed. If still continued, thread creating rights are limited for a short duration (if you can find a way to do this)

Flaming:
No idea. but mostly depends on how bad it was

Negatively affecting others business:
Warning first. If continued, short suspension.

As for what to do with people who offer extremely low amounts, I believe that as long as it's in the selling section, there should be no punishment for it. I mean... it's the seller's responsibility to know how much to sell for.

As for people who don't honor auctions, I think taking away thread creating rights for a short duration is satisfactory. It's the seller's responsibility to set proper s/o's, b/o's, times, and increments. If they're not satisfied with their current bid, then they should have made the s/o higher.
Back to top Go down

Rules______
Page 1 of 1